HOURS: Up to 20 hours/week
WAGES: $16.00/hour (1 on 1)
Students who meet the minimum qualifications may apply to tutor their peers. Both the tutor and the person being tutored must fill out the proper paperwork and have all documentation signed by appropriate faculty and Hayley Wise (Academic Support Coordinator). At the end of each quarter, the learner will have the opportunity to evaluate the tutor.
1. Must have a 3.0 cumulative grade point average or higher. If grades fall below 3.0, the student will not be able to continue tutoring. Transfer students may apply, as long as they qualify with their transfer coursework.
2. Must have signatures of approval from faculty members of classes they desire to tutor. When approaching the instructors for signatures, the tutor should clarify the goals and direction they should take with their tutoring for the specific classes.
3. The students may only tutor for classes they have completed successfully.
4. Students may not tutor for classes in which they are currently enrolled.
5. Students may tutor their peers one on one or in a group setting.
6. Tutors will be evaluated by the students that they tutor at the end of each quarter. (See attached Tutor Evaluation)
7. Tutors who achieve a standard of excellence will receive recognition from the Office of Academic Affairs and a certificate will be presented to them in Seminar.
SUPERVISORS: Tia Ruggles and/or DAEE